Urine Adulteration Test
How Does UrineCheck 7 Validate the Urine Sample?
The UrineCheck 7 is a dip and read specimen validation test that semi-quantitatively analyzes a urine sample for 7 parameters on 7 reactive pads affixed to an easy one step strip. This will determine if a urine sample for drug testing is adulterated. Adulteration is the tampering of a urine specimen with the intention of altering the test results. The use of adulterants can cause false negative results in drug tests by either interfering with the screening test or converting the drugs present in the urine to other compounds. Adulterants are usually chemical agents, although some are believed to be biological (enzymes). In addition to adulteration, some donors try to substitute their specimen with another liquid. Others may dilute their specimen by consuming excessive volumes of fluid or by adding water/other liquids to their specimen after collection.
What will the Urine Adulterant Strips Measure?
- pH levels - Determines the presence of alkaline or acidic adulterants and values outside the ranges can be consider that the urine sample could be tampered.
- Specific Gravity - Will test sample dilution related to tampering the urine sample with water. More water in the urine sample dilutes the concentration drugs in the urine.
- Creatinine - The measure of this waste product from creatine and amino acid from muscle tissue. This marker at low levels reflects the use of diuretics use in herbal flush to clean the body from drugs.
- Nitrite - Normal urine shouldn't any levels of nitrates and this compound is found in most of the commercial use adulterants to oxidize and make undetectable the marijuana metabolite which is the THC COOH².
- Glutaraldehyde - This adulterant will disrupt the enzyme used for the detection of drugs in the test causing false negatives. Since is not present in human urine is and indicator of adulteration.
- Bleach - Bleach is an oxidants that break down the metabolite present in THC. No human urine contains bleach.
- Pyridinium - As an adulterant is very popular to change the results of a drug test. Is also an oxidants that break down the metabolite present in THC. No human urine contains Pyridinium Chlorochromate.
Each Canister of UrineCheck 7 contains 25 test strips
- Model: URS-7